Thom Beenen specialises in advising both incumbent financial institutions as well as disrupters and fintechs (incl. payment service providers and crypto and blockchain companies) on strategic legal and regulatory matters. His work includes advising on regulatory developments and the application of the Dutch regulatory framework to new (innovative) financial products and services. Thom also assists with licence applications, screening procedures, corporate restructurings and M&A transactions.
News and client work
- Payment for order flow (PFOF) - There is no such thing as a free lunch according to ESMA
26 July 2021
- Crowdfunding Regulation – A crowd pleaser?
03 December 2020
- Dutch registration regime for crypto service providers
26 May 2020
- AI in the Dutch financial sector – All SAFEST and sound?
30 August 2019
- Regulating cryptocurrency related businesses in the Netherlands
29 July 2019