Mark Huddlestone specialises in all aspects of bank lending, including acquisition finance, project finance, structured trade and commodity finance, asset-based finance, general syndicated lending and restructurings.
Mark was the instigator of the establishment of the European Private Placement Association and is at the heart of the rapidly developing European private placement market where he has acted on numerous transactions for institutional investors making loans to Dutch corporates.
- Advised ING in connection with the refinancing of a USD$3.4 billion multicurrency revolving credit facility agreement for Trafigura Beheer B.V.
- Advised the lenders with respect to a revolving credit facility in the context of a bond issuance provided to The Nuance Group
- Advising Greenergy, a fuel supply company in the UK, in relation to setting up a GBP£1 billion borrowing base facility
- Acting for the investors and the arranger on a combination loan/project bond financing for Reggefiber in relation to the financing of 17 fibre-to-the-home networks
Clifford Chance advises KBC Bank on pan-jurisdictional EUR 90 million revolving credit facility for Fieldlink
17 December 2013
Career and qualifications
- London School of Economics (BSc Econ) 1984
- Joined Clifford Chance, London 1986
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1991
- Clifford Chance Amsterdam 1991
- Partner 1997-2020
- Registered with the Dutch Bar as an EU advocaat 2001
- Law Society
- Orde van Advocaten Amsterdam
Awards and citations
- The "very smooth, practical and proactive" Mark Huddlestone advises on cross-border syndicated lending, including revolving credit facilities and asset financing. He acts for an enviable list of leading international financial institutions and is admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales.
Chambers Europe 2020
- Mark is described as "a lawyer who deploys his depth of experience in a practical way"
Chambers Europe 2019
- UK-qualified Mark Huddlestone heads the practice and attracts fantastic praise across the board: "He's very proactive and knows what we require. A great guy to work with."
Chambers Global 2013
- Banking & Finance: Mark Huddlestone heads the group, and is one of the best-known names in the field.
Chambers Europe 2011