Juliette Luycks heads the Amsterdam Arbitration practice. She specialises in national and international commercial arbitration (e.g. under the NAI, ICC, CAM and UNCITRAL rules) and in investment treaty arbitration (including under the ICSID rules). She also acts as arbitrator. She has extensive trial experience before the Dutch courts and is a CEDR accredited mediator. She works from our Amsterdam and Madrid office.
News and client work
- Author of "A NCC Case on Contract Interpretation from an English and Dutch Law Perspective", Reprinted from European Review of Private Law, 2021, Volume 29, Issue 1, p. 71-89, with permission of Kluwer Law International
- Authors of "Over de Tiffany/Swatch-procedures en het Nederlandse materiële recht bezien vanuit internationale partijen", published in Contracteren dated March 2019
- Guest lecturer on international arbitration at various universities in the Netherlands and abroad
- Clifford Chance, Amsterdam
- Email me
- Speaks Dutch, English, Spanish, French and German
- Practice area Litigation, dispute resolution & risk management
- Sector Banks, Consumer goods & retail, Energy & resources, Funds & investment management, Healthcare, life sciences & chemicals, Industrials, Materials, Oil & gas, Power & energy networks, Telecommunications, media & technology, Transport & logistics
Career and qualifications
- Graduated Universiteit van Amsterdam 1990
- Graduated New York University LL.M 1991
- Admitted as an advocaat to the Dutch Bar 1991
- Admitted as an abogado in Spain 2003
Awards and citations
- According to clients, Juliette Luycks "has an impressive depth of knowledge" and is "capable of understanding situations quickly." She is experienced in cross-border arbitration, as well as commercial disputes, including follow-on damages claims.
Chambers Europe 2020
- Clients value her listening skills as well as her "strong knowledge and expertise"
Chambers Europe 2019