Senior counsel and co-head of Tech Group Amsterdam
Jaap Tempelman specializes in technology related commercial contracting, regulatory matters and litigation. He advises on strategic transactions and disputes in outsourcing, telecoms, IT, cyber security, data protection, manufacturing, supply and distribution, and intellectual property matters.
Career and qualifications
Utrecht University (LL.M) 1996
- Senior Associate at Baker & McKenzie 1996
- Lecturer in Telecommunications Law at Leiden University 1996
- Senior corporate attorney at KPN Telecom 2003
- Manager Legal Affairs at Telfort 2007
- Joined Clifford Chance 2011
- Counsel since 2017
Member of the International Technology Law Association (ITechLaw)
- Member of the Netherlands Association for Computer Lawyers (VIRA)
- Member of the Netherlands Association for Information Technology and Law (NVvIR)
- Member of the Netherlands Association for Media and Communications Law (VMC)
Awards and citations
- Jaap Tempelman "is clearly very knowledgeable in the telecoms sector and was willing to go the extra mile to come up with new standards that would still be acceptable to all parties"