Sébastien Schmitz advises on all areas of real estate law, including office and commercial lease contracts, property acquisitions and sales, town planning, environment and construction law.
He handles the real estate and environment aspects of corporate transactions for major international companies of the financial sector and the industrial sector. Sébastien provides legal support to major real estate developers and real estate investors acting in Luxembourg. His practice also includes administrative law, legislation on business licenses and dispute resolutions.
- Various developers on a large development project in the area of Luxembourg-City called "Ban de Gasperich", a very important real estate project for Luxembourg-City which includes the development of several plots of land, major lease agreements, town planning aspects and sale transactions. The plots of land to be developed have a total size of more than 70 hectares and include the development of a mall of more than 70,000 sqm, of high-standing apartments and office buildings.
- A worldwide e-commerce company for the extension of its office spaces in Luxembourg-City.
- A major life insurance company for the acquisition, through a share deal, of several adjacent buildings located in the station district of Luxembourg-City.
- A foreign investment authority for the acquisition and the development of plots of land located in the center of Luxembourg-City.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Catholic University of Louvain (Law) 1996
- Admitted as an avocat in Brussels 1996
- Belgian law firms 1996
- Certificate of Lawyer’s Professional Skill, Belgium 1997
- Admitted under his professional home title in Luxembourg 2007
- Joined Clifford Chance 2007
- Admitted as an avocat à la Cour in Luxembourg 2013
Awards and citations
- Up and coming lawyer
Chambers 2016 – Real Estate