Maxime Budzin specialises in international tax transactions, direct tax, VAT and duties with particular experience in design and implementation of tax-efficient corporate restructurings.
He has experience in advising a wide range of clients on the structuring of private equity, real estate and investment funds, M&A, structured finance, securitisation, debt restructuring and IP. He regularly advises on direct and indirect tax aspects for the structuring of international transactions via Luxembourg regulated and non-regulated funds, acting for clients (private equity houses, institutional investors...) throughout Europe, the United States and Asia.
Maxime has also acquired significant experience in the field of transfer pricing, assisting clients in the design and review of their transfer pricing arrangements.
News and client work
- Clifford Chance, Luxembourg
- Email me
- Speaks French and English
- Practice area Tax
- Sector Banks, Funds & investment management, Private equity, Real estate
Career and qualifications
- Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Grenoble, France (Master of Finance and Economics) 2005
- EDHEC Business School Lille, France (Master in Legal & Tax) Management 2007
- Faculté Libre de Droit de Lille, France (Master’s degree in Business Law) 2007
- Tax advisor at KPMG Luxembourg 2007
- Joined Clifford Chance 2011
- Admitted as an avocat in Luxembourg 2011
- Admitted as an avocat à la Cour in Luxembourg 2014
- International Fiscal Association (IFA), member of the Luxembourg section
- Association Luxembourgeoise des Juristes de Banque (ALJB), member
- Association of the Luxembourg Funds Industry (ALFI), member of the Tax and Legal Committee
- European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA), member of the Tax working group