Magali Belon is part of the Investment Funds department of Clifford Chance’s Luxembourg office. She has experience in asset management regulation working across France and Luxembourg. She is an expert in advising investment funds, promoters and other financial institutions in relation to the setting-up and structuring of their management companies or investment funds with different types of strategy.
- Advising the Luxembourg real estate platform of Credit Suisse, CS Real Estate SICAV-SIF, including in respect of several acquisitions in the US, UK and France
- Legal assistance to investment funds, promoters and other financial institutions in relation to the setting-up and structuring of their management companies or investment funds with different types of strategy (UCITS, real estate, infrastructure, debt, private equity and other alternative financial instruments).
- Creation and launch of investment funds in the form of SICAV and FCP: UCITS, AIFs regulated (SIF, Part II) and non-regulated (Limited partnerships) with different types of strategy. Financing for investment funds, including in relation to bridging facilities to Luxembourg funds, secured by collateral over undrawn commitments
- Advising on distribution models: analysis of the feasibility of the distribution model; review of the distribution agreements
- Legal advice on technical subjects in the field of asset management (e.g. issues relating to UCITS regulation, management companies’ regulation, investment services regulation, issues relating to Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MIFID)).
View all news and client work featuring Magali Belon