Katharina Thielges is admitted to the German and Luxembourg bar association. She has significant experience in Luxembourg and international taxation with a focus on investment funds and the asset management industry. She advises on BEPS, exchange of information, cross-border transactions and financial institutions on the German and Swiss market. She joined the firm in 2018.
- In relation to withholding tax subjects advise for Luxembourg, French and German investment funds and Asset Managers.
- Wide range of clients on the structuring of private equity, real estate and investment funds, structured finance, securitization and debt restructuring.
- Direct tax, exchange of information and operational taxes (FATCA, CRS).
Clifford Chance advises Bain Capital Credit on commercial property acquisitions in Hallbergmoos and Offenbach
27 December 2019
Clifford Chance advises Godewind and ERWE on the acquisition of Frankfurt Airport Center for around EUR 168 million
15 November 2018
Luxembourg 2020 Budget bill
16 October 2019
Luxembourg government approves the ATAD 2 Bill
12 August 2019
Growing the Green Economy: Addressing the Sustainability Challenges and Opportunities
31 July 2019
Luxembourg 2019 budget law
7 May 2019
The Multilateral Instrument enters into force
17 April 2019
Career and qualifications
- Assistant, Deutsche Asset Management Luxembourg 2011
- University Geifswald, Germany (First legal state examination) 2012
- Oberlandesgericht Koblenz, Germany (2nd legal state examination) 2014
- Senior Tax advisor, KPMG 2014
- Chambre des salariés (Diploma of Luxembourg Taxation) 2017
- Admitted as a Rechtsanwältin in Germany 2018
- Admitted as an Avocat Liste IV in Luxembourg 2018
- Joined Clifford Chance 2018
- ALFI Luxembourg (withholding tax and BEPS group)
Awards and citations
- Luxembourg Law Firm Of The Year - Chambers 2018