Monica Riva is specialised in litigation and out-of-court advice to Italian and international clients regarding trademarks, patents, industrial secrets, design, copyright and unfair competition.
She is a speaker at conferences on IP.
Global Intellectual Property Newsletter – 22nd Edition – IP Topics in Consumer Goods and other IP Topics
6 June 2019
La Suprema Corte di Cassazione legittima la delegabilità a terzi della partecipazione alla mediazione obbligatoria
3 April 2019
Italy's Supreme Court allows third parties to participate in mandatory mediations through third party representation
3 April 2019
Global Intellectual Property Newsletter - 21st Edition - IP topics around the globe
21 March 2019
Facebook found liable for links to YouTube videos infringing Mediaset's copyright and right to reputation
22 February 2019
Career and qualifications
- Admitted as a cassazionista (Supreme Court lawyer) 2015
- LL.D., summa cum laude Università Cattolica, Milan 1998
- Joined Clifford Chance 2002
- Qualified as a lawyer 2002
- Head of Intellectual Property team 2005
- Ph.D. Intellectual Property 2009
- Counsel 2014
- Since 2004, Monica has been a member of the editorial board of the journal "Giurisprudenza Annotata di Diritto Industriale"
Awards and citations
- #4 in Intellectual Property
Chambers Global & Europe 2018
- "Monica has a strong ability to consider all the different parameters, and to expose facts and considerations in a clear and simple manner."
Chambers Global & Europe 2018: Intellectual Property – Italy
- "I am very impressed with her extraordinary commitment to providing excellent client service and her creative problem-solving," says one client.
- Chambers Global & Europe 2017: Intellectual Property – Italy
- Monica Riva is lauded for the "commercial orientation of her strategies, her ability to communicate clearly and her efficiency." She is also praised for her cross-border capabilities and described as a "promising lawyer."
Chambers Global & Europe 2016: Intellectual Property – Italy
- Rising Star Lawyer of the Year
LegalCommunity IP Awards 2015