Uche is an Associate in the intellectual property team. She advises on a range of contentious and non-contentious intellectual property matters.
Uche has advised on a wide range of matters including trade mark, software and patent disputes, sponsorship agreements in the sporting and media industries, marketing law and the IP aspects of PE/M&A due diligence.
Uche has a particular interest in the fashion, beauty, media and sporting industries. Uche supports with the provision ongoing trade mark litigation advice to a global cosmetics company and has written thought leadership in relation to the fashion and luxury brands industries.
- L'Oréal SA in respect of trade mark clearance and disputes for some of its key beauty brands, including Decléor and a number of its fragrance brands.
- Invictus Games Foundation negotiating sponsorship, media, and other commercial agreements in respect of the INVICTUS GAMES, including the Foundation’s recent agreement with Netflix for a docu-series about the INVICTUS GAMES.
- on the IP elements of advice to Informa on the completion of its divestment of the "Pharma Intelligence" business for £1.9 billion to Warburg Pincus.
- A Nigerian Arts Organisation in relation to projects surrounding the restitution of artworks taken from Nigeria, including associated advice in relation to architectural and digitisation projects.
News and client work
- Virtual Fashion Week – Key IP Considerations
- The CMA Greenwashing Review – Is this the year of reckoning for the fashion sector?
- Co-Branding Partnerships In The Physical And Digital Worlds – A Masterclass From Balenciaga And Fortnite, "Protecting IP rights in the virtual world"
- Luxury shoe brand Manolo Blahnik steps into the Chinese market after a favourable trade mark decision
Career and qualifications
- St George’s Hospital Medical School, Biomedical Science (First Class Honours), 2017
- Joined Clifford Chance in 2019
- Admitted as a Solicitor in England & Wales in 2021