Rory Scott is experienced in a broad range of litigation and arbitration matters, with a particular focus on the sports industry. Rory also advises on regulatory investigations into financial services clients.
- Advising the minority shareholder of an English football club in relation to unfair prejudice proceedings in the English High Court and subsequent enforcement of the judgment against the majority shareholder.
- Advising on a multi-million dollar dispute between two members of the International Cricket Council in arbitral proceedings concerning contractual obligations and governmental interference.
- Advising a global asset management firm in relation to an FCA enforcement investigation.
- Advising a professional sports team in relation to an anti-doping investigation.
- Acting as legal counsel to the International Paralympic Committee in anti-doping proceedings, as well as advising the IPC on a range of other issues, including the relocation of the 2019 World Para Swimming Championships.
- Advising a tennis player in relation to an anti-doping violation.
- Advising a high net worth individual in relation to proceedings brought in the English High Court alleging misrepresentations to investors.
- Advising a Premier League football club in relation to a discrete commercial matter.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Cambridge (MA, Law) 2014
- University of California, Los Angeles (LLM) 2015
- Joined Clifford Chance 2016
- Seconded to Clifford Chance Singapore 2018
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2018
- Seconded to SB Investment Advisers 2019
Awards and citations
- "Junior associate Rory Scott is incredibly diligent, and provides thoughtful practical advice"
The Legal 500 2020: Sport