Richard Jones specialises in data protection, privacy, confidentiality and other data management issues, particularly in the context of multi-jurisdictional projects. He co-ordinates Clifford Chance's global data privacy and management practice.
Richard also advises on wider ecommerce issues and commercial arrangements in relation to the development, procurement, outsourcing and exploitation of information technology and telecommunication infrastructure and services.
Global M&A Toolkit
- Richard explores some of the key security and privacy concerns that tend to come up as part of the planning, negotiation and implementation of separation projects in M&A (January 2014)
Career and qualifications
- University of Bristol (BSc, Physics and Philosophy), 1986
- University College, London (MSc, History and Philosophy of Science) 1987
- Joined Clifford Chance1990
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1992
- Appointed Director of Data Privacy 2007
Awards and citations
- Sources report that Richard Jones "provides very clear and well thought out advice." He handles a range of matters, including addressing questions of confidentiality, privacy and data management as it relates to cross-border and international project work.
Chambers 2019 – Data Protection & Information Law
- The "expert and experienced" Richard Jones attracts praise from clients for his ability to "react excellently to counter arguments" pitched by opposing counsel. He concentrates on the data protection and management considerations of large, cross-border projects.