Nicole Buncher is one of the key members of the private wealth and trusts disputes team. Nicole's client portfolio includes financial institutions, corporate, trustees, protectors and beneficiaries.
Nicole is regularly involved in advising on high value and complex commercial disputes, often involving multiple jurisdictions. Nicole has particular expertise in onshore and offshore trust litigation, as well as trust restructuring and court approved variations.
- Advising a well-known trust company in relation to a number of multi-jurisdictional trust disputes involving a London based family. The assets of the trust are held in a variety of forms and in a variety of jurisdictions and are worth around US$400 million
- Advising high net worth individuals in relation to a dispute involving a global estate worth US$ billions across a range of jurisdictions including Guernsey, Jersey, Isle of Man, India, Luxembourg and Switzerland
- Advising a Russian company on a shareholder dispute and various contractual claims for damages involving Russian, Cypriot and BVI companies
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Oxford (MA in Jurisprudence) 2006
- Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales 2009
- Joined Clifford Chance 2014
Awards and citations
- Nicole Buncher advises individual and institutional clients on multi-jurisdictional trust disputes. "She is so shockingly thorough and has tenacity beyond belief," comments one legal expert, while another source notes: "She is great - she is energetic, all over the details and punchy."
Chambers and Partners 2020 – Private Wealth Disputes – London
- She has been ranked as a "next generation lawyer" in the 2018 Legal 500 directory and is described as having ‘meticulous attention to detail, excellent judgement, fighting spirit and coolness in the face of adversity’.