Nicola Dresch specialises in investigations, with a particular focus on bribery and corruption, financial crime and contentious regulatory matters.
Nicola's practice also comprises cross-sector compliance and risk advisory work. She also advises on complex high-value commercial disputes, primarily in the financial services sector.
Nicola spent several years in the firm's Hong Kong office, where she focused on bribery and corruption advisory work, regulatory matters, and cross-border fraud and contractual disputes.
- Advising a major financial institution in relation to a large-scale FCA enforcement action concerning control of information and conflicts of interest.
- Conducting several internal investigations for a global natural resources company pursuant to whistle blowing reports, and advising in relation to subsequent actions.
- Advising companies in multiple sectors on bribery and corruption risks, conducting compliance reviews, and carrying out anti-bribery and financial crime due diligence exercises in the context of corporate acquisitions.
- Acting as a skilled person in relation to a s.166 review, and advising another financial institution in relation to a s.166 review being conducted by a third party.
- Advising a major bank on its defence of multiple claims arising from the alleged manipulation of LIBOR.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- St Andrews University (MA, English Literature and Medieval Languages) 2007
- Joined Clifford Chance 2010
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2012