Nick Spurrell specialises in private M&A and joint ventures and has previous experience in finance.
Nick has had a particular focus on the financial and energy sectors but has deal experience in a range of industries. He has advised on disposals, acquisitions, demergers and investments in the banking sector and on upstream and downstream oil and gas, wind power and alternative energy transactions. He has previously been seconded to our São Paulo office.
- Clifford Chance advises Shell on its pioneering joint venture with Cosan S.A. to form Raízen, one of Brazil's top five corporations by revenue, one of the largest fuel distributors in Brazil and a world leader in biofuels
- Clifford Chance advises a Citi investment company, Liberty Mutual Insurance Company and a Black River investment fund on their disposal of pioneering wind energy producer SIIF to Brazilian power company CPFL Energias
Clifford Chance advised Cambian Group plc on the proposed disposal of its Adult Services Business to Cygnet Health Care Limited
6 December 2016
Clifford Chance advises Citi on the sale of its consumer banking business in Spain
25 June 2014
Clifford Chance asesora a Citibank en la venta de su negocio de banca de consumo
25 June 2014
Clifford Chance advises GIC on the purchase of 50% interest in Broadgate
8 January 2014
Career and qualifications
- London School of Economics (BSc Government) 2005
- Joined Clifford Chance 2007
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2009
- Admitted to the Brazilian Bar Association (OAB–São Paulo) as a Foreign Legal Consultant 2011
Awards and citations
- Nick Spurrell was recently ranked as an Associate to Watch by Chambers "following consistently positive reviews".
Chambers Latin America 2014