Michael Coxall specialises in environmental, planning, energy and climate change law.
Michael joined the Firm's Environment & Planning Group in 1998 and was for 8 years a fee-earner in the group. During this time he gained significant experience in planning, environmental and health & safety law: advising on a wide variety of development schemes including compulsory purchase; advising on the environmental aspects of numerous corporate transactions; and giving advice on regulatory matters and disputes.
Michael has particular expertise in environmental and energy regimes such as the EU REACH chemicals regime, EU Energy Efficiency regulation, and the UK CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme.
In his PSL role Michael has written numerous articles and briefings on topical subjects. He is on the environmental law consultation board for Thomson Reuters Practical Law service.
- In recent years Michael has given regulatory advice to a range of clients including Coca-Cola and Pfizer.
Career and qualifications
- University of Kent, Canterbury (LLB English and French Law) 1990
- Bordeaux University (Diplôme de droit) 1992
- Joined Clifford Chance 1995
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1997
- Member of the Law Society of England and Wales
Awards and citations
- "Also making his way up the tables is Michael Coxall, who played a key role within the teams assisting Coca-Cola and Pfizer on environmental law statutes"
Chambers & Partners 2013
- "Michael Coxall is particularly expert on CRC matters, on which he advises a wide variety of clients, including HSBC"
Chambers & Partners 2012
- "Professional support lawyer Michael Coxall has won immense praise for his work with the team. He has "a fantastic understanding of the important factors to take into account and works very well to deadlines.""
Chambers & Partners 2011