Michael Evans brings extensive technology, IP/IT and data expertise together in the context of tech-intensive transactions and projects. Michael specialises in technology regulation, IP/IT, data and commercial work – particularly in the context of technology investments, separation projects and commercial agreements.
Michael has extensive in-house experience having been seconded to a variety of businesses including Goldman Sachs International, Tesco and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (now Sony Interactive Entertainment - PlayStation).
Prior to joining Clifford Chance, Michael advised a range of clients on the technology, IP/IT and data aspects of their transactions and strategic projects (including Cazoo, Octopus Energy, Mars, Colgate-Palmolive, LSEG, the National Bank of Greece, Total and AB InBev).
Michael is a member of the Clifford Chance Tech Group.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Bristol (Law) 2008
- BPP Law School (Legal Practice Course) 2010
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2012
- University of Oxford (IP Law and Practice) 2014
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer 2010 - January 2022
- Joined Clifford Chance as Counsel 2022