Lindsay Bickerton specialises in commercial litigation and has significant experience of banking litigation and cross-border disputes.
Lindsay regularly acts for major financial institutions on high value and reputationally significant litigation matters, often involving multiple jurisdictions and regulatory sensitivities. She also has experience advising on contentious issues and disputes in the aviation sector.
Lindsay is a key senior member of the banking litigation team and has strong relationships with many of the team's key financial institution clients.
- Acting for a European bank on a claim brought by Dutch social housing association in relation to derivatives transactions.
- Advising a UK asset manager on fraud claims spanning multiple jurisdictions.
- Managing and providing strategic oversight of a portfolio of claims concerning the alleged mis-selling of interest rate hedging products and manipulation of benchmark rates for a financial institution client.
- Advising various aircraft lessors on cross-border enforcement and recovery issues, including advising on aircraft arrest proceedings in the UK and overseas.
The potential impact of Brexit on cross-border aircraft financings
30 June 2016
LIBOR-based defences rejected by the court
4 March 2016
Career and qualifications
- University of Warwick (European Law LLB) 2002
- Joined Clifford Chance 2004
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2006
- Seconded to a UK-headquartered global retail and investment bank 2012
Awards and citations
- Ranked as a "Next Generation Lawyer" in Banking Litigation.
Legal 500 2019