Leigh Smith advises on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious intellectual property matters, with a particular focus on trade marks.
Leigh has worked on a number of significant transactions in the banking and FMCG sectors. He also advises on brand protection strategies, including the clearance, registration and enforcement of trade marks. He has experience of conducting matters before the UKIPO and EUIPO, as well as before the English High Court.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Durham University (LLB, Law with European Legal Studies) 2005
- Stockholm University (LLM, European Intellectual Property Law) 2007
- McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP 2008
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2010
- Oxford University (Post-Graduate Diploma, Intellectual Property Law and Practice) 2011
- Joined Clifford Chance 2014
Awards and citations
- A client states ‘we were particularly impressed by Leigh Smith, who led the process in an efficiently structured and practical manner. He was always available when needed and turned the work around quickly and efficiently.‘
Legal 500 UK 2021 – Intellectual Property: Trade Marks, Copyright and Design
- Rising Star
Managing Intellectual Property's IP Stars 2021