Jane O'Leary specialises in high value, complex litigation including real estate and insolvency related disputes.
- Citibank in relation to Terra Firma's acquisition of music label EMI in August 2007
- Park Garage Group plc on a professional negligence dispute with Park's former lawyers regarding the drafting of a portfolio of leases
- A real estate investor on an internal investigation in a large number of real estate funds (assessing potential liability in respect of the acquisition and management of numerous real estate assets)
View all news and client work featuring Jane O'Leary
Career and qualifications
Joined Clifford Chance 2005
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2007
Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England & Wales 2007
- Member of the Property Litigation Association
Awards and citations
- Jane O'Leary of Clifford Chance LLP has a practice that sees her acting for her clients in multi-jurisdictional property disputes and contentious matters arising as a result of insolvencies. Sources describe her as "an up-and-coming, rising star."
Chambers & Partners 2017
- "Clifford Chance LLP provides ‘excellent-quality’ contentious advice through experienced director Ben Hatton and senior associate Jane O’Leary, as part of its high-end real estate practice"
Legal 500 2016
- "Sources say Jane O'Leary is "relentless in her devotion to the cause and is tremendously hard-working." Commentators add that she "smoothly handles the case and is very engaged with the client.""
Chambers & Partners 2016
- "Ben Hatton and Jane O'Leary are recommended"
Legal 500 2015
- Ben Hatton and Jane O'Leary make 'a formidable team', and are 'very impressive' in mediation
Legal 500 2012