Emma Eaton is experienced in advising on issues and risks relating to financial services.
Emma specialises in life and non-life insurance regulation, reinsurance arrangements, distribution agreements, outsourcing agreements, insurtech matters, acquisitions and disposals of insurance companies and certain other financial institutions, general corporate law advice and corporate transactions.
- Advising a number of insurance and banking groups on reorganisation of their UK and European operations in light of Brexit
- Advising a payment services group on the integration of an acquired pan-European business
- Advising a tech start-up on changes to its business model and customer contracts to take account of financial services regulation
- Advising on a strategic partnership in the wealth management sector
- Raising the bar for retail outsourcing
7 August 2019
- The 'loyalty penalty' conundrum remains a UK market problem
18 April 2019
- Using indirectly obtained data in the insurance value chain
21 February 2019
Insurtech Taster - Compulsory insurance for driverless cars
1 April 2017
Hot topic briefing - 'Insurtech'
9 January 2017
VAT treatment of outsourced claims handling services
22 July 2016
Brexit: What next for the UK insurance sector?
11 July 2016
Career and qualifications
- Nottingham University (BSc) 2000
- Joined Clifford Chance 2003
- Admitted as solicitor in England & Wales 2005