Emma Eaton is experienced in advising on issues and risks relating to financial services.
Emma specialises in life and non-life insurance regulation, reinsurance arrangements, distribution agreements, outsourcing agreements, insurtech matters, acquisitions and disposals of insurance companies and certain other financial institutions, general corporate law advice and corporate transactions.
- Cinven on a major investment in True Potential, with the company's founders, management, and private equity firm FTV Capital selling an undisclosed, majority stake in the business to Cinven.
- Advising a number of insurance and banking groups on reorganisation of their UK and European operations in light of Brexit
- Advising a payment services group on the integration of an acquired pan-European business
- Advising a tech start-up on changes to its business model and customer contracts to take account of financial services regulation
- Advising on a strategic partnership in the wealth management sector
News and client work
- Safeguarding the Use of AI in the Insurance Sector, The Journal of Robotics, Artificial Intelligence and Law, September 2021
- Raising the bar for retail outsourcing
7 August 2019
- The 'loyalty penalty' conundrum remains a UK market problem
18 April 2019
- Using indirectly obtained data in the insurance value chain
21 February 2019