Elizabeth Hardacre specialises in all aspects of town and country planning and major infrastructure development.
Elizabeth has expertise in all aspects of planning and consenting aspects of infrastructure and real estate development, projects and transactions, planning appeals and judicial review, with particular experience advising on development issues arising from large scale urban redevelopment and nationally significant infrastructure projects.
Her expertise includes advising developers on environmental impact assessment and habitats regulation assessment, negotiating section 106 agreements including affordable housing and financial viability review obligations, compulsory acquisition and compensation, and all aspects of the development consent order regime. Elizabeth also has extensive experience advising lenders on development risk.
- Horizon Nuclear Power Wylfa Limited in connection with the planning and environmental consenting for the development of a new nuclear power station at Wylfa, in Wales.
- Canary Wharf Group on all aspects of the development of the Wood Wharf estate, an 8-hectare extension to the Canary Wharf Estate in East London, as well as consenting five additional towers on the Canary Wharf Estate to be delivered for a range of commercial and PRS schemes.
- Helical Bar plc on the development of the residential-led mixed use scheme at Barts Square, creating a new neighbourhood incorporating significant infrastructure and public realm components.
- Saxon Land B.V. (a subsidiary of Generali) on the City of London exercising is powers of compulsory acquisition to enable the development of 120 Fenchurch Street.
Clifford Chance advises Helical and AshbyCapital on acquisition of major development project in Farringdon
21 May 2019
Clifford Chance advises joint venture between Helical plc and Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan on hat-trick of lettings at Creechurch Place, London
12 October 2018
Clifford Chance advises Helical plc and AshbyCapital on the major pre-let of One Bartholomew, London
12 July 2018
Clifford Chance advises Horizon on achieving a major milestone for its new nuclear power station in the UK
2 July 2018
Clifford Chance advises Sadler's Wells Foundation on the development and pre-letting of a new dance theatre
15 June 2018
New Planning Requirements for Biodiversity Net Gain
13 August 2019
Government commits to 'Net Zero by 2050' Target
17 June 2019
Global Environment Newsletter - Summer 2018 edition
9 July 2018
'Planning in Principle' for housing developments – Commencement of brownfield land register provisions
5 April 2017
Housing White Paper: Community Infrastructure Levy and other Planning Reforms
9 February 2017
Career and qualifications
- Victoria University of Wellington (Bachelor of Arts) 2005
- Victoria University of Wellington Bachelor of Laws (Bachelor of Laws) 2006
- Admitted as a barrister and solicitor in New Zealand 2008
- Joined Clifford Chance 2011
Awards and citations
- Identified as a Next Generation Lawyer by Legal 500 UK for Planning
- "Senior associate Elizabeth Hardacre ‘works tirelessly for clients, and is rated for her amazing attention to detail’"
Legal 500 2017