Daniel Sandelson advises on corporate, commercial and regulatory work for the telecommunications, technology, media and creative industries.
Daniel advises corporates, financial institutions and funds on mergers and acquisitions, funding transactions and regulatory work in these sectors. He has particular experience in media and telecommunications asset acquisitions and disposals. In telecomms, he has experience advising on both mobile and fixed-line telecommunications transactions, undersea cable financing and operation, and has a particular emphasis on emerging markets.
He advises on film library acquisitions and disposals, television and film production and distribution, media business start-ups and projects and has significant experience in digital television and radio projects, media and broadcasting regulation (including foreign and other media ownership restrictions) and copyright law. He has been commissioned to advise on and draft broadcasting legislation in various countries (including Sri Lanka, South Africa and other African states) and is regularly asked to advise commercial operators on the drafting of UK broadcasting legislation.
- Advising on AMC Networks' EUR€750m acquisition of Chellomedia from Liberty Global
- Clifford Chance named "Official firm lawyers" of the World Cup Rugby 2015
- Advising Com Hem, the leading Swedish pay television supplier, on its agreement with TiVo
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- St Catherines, Oxford University (BA Philosophy, Policitics & Economics) 1984
- Articled Allen & Overy 1986
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1988
- Joined Clifford Chance as a Partner 1996