Christopher Ingham has 10 years' experience of acting in a range of commercial litigation and arbitration disputes.
Christopher has particular expertise representing insureds in insurance coverage disputes. He also advises insureds on policy wording and the use of insurance in complex structures, including in particular credit, political risk, title and liability policies.
- Acting for an international finance company in a title insurance dispute relating to a renewable energy project
- Acting for a major financial institution in Commercial Court proceedings to enforce an indemnity in a sale and purchase agreement relating to post-acquisition losses
- Representing an accountancy firm, administrators and receivers in High Court proceedings brought by creditors alleging wrongdoing in the administration and receivership of an insolvent group of mining companies
- Representing a major European bank in LCIA arbitrations in respect of claims under credit insurance policies resulting from the default of an African mining company
- Representing a major gas exporter in a recent LCIA arbitration of a political risk insurance claim arising from the stoppage of North African gas exports
- Regularly advising a large number of banks and private equity houses on the terms of their credit insurance programmes
- Acting for a global bank in High Court proceedings concerning a disputed letter of credit transaction
- Advising a UK bank on insurance coverage issues arising from a mortgage insurance guarantee programme
- Acting for an international media organisation in a breach of copyright dispute
- Acting for a UK bank in respect of insurance claims under professional indemnity policies arising from losses suffered due to alleged mis-selling of mortgage endowment products to its customers
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Oxford (BA Law with Law Studies in Europe – French) 2004
- Joined Clifford Chance 2006
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2008
Awards and citations
- "A good technical insurance lawyer with a high level of attention to detail"
Legal 500, 2017