Chris Goodwill specialises in all aspects of employment law, acting principally for multinational corporations, international financial institutions, UK public and private companies and, occasionally, high profile individuals.
Chris advises clients on a range of employment litigation matters (including whistle blowing, protection of confidential information and discrimination claims), corporate governance and senior executive issues, international and domestic advisory projects and on the employment aspects of merger and acquisitions and related employee union consultation.
- Advising a number of public and private companies on boardroom issues
- Successfully defending a bank against unfair dismissal and whistleblowing claims
- Advising a number of financial institutions on the Senior Manager and Certification Regimes
- Advising on the employment aspects of the merger of two UK public companies
- Advising a residential developer on the GBP£505 million acquisition of a residential property developer and investor
Clifford Chance advises L&Q on the acquisition of Gallagher Estates for £505 million
8 March 2017
Career and qualifications
- University of Lancaster (LLB) 1983
- University of Cambridge (LLM) 1985
- Admitted as a solicitor in England &Wales 1988
- Partner since 1995
- Global Head of Employment 2003 - 2019
- Employment Lawyers Association
- European Employment Lawyers Association
- The Law Society
Awards and citations
- "Christopher Goodwill is praised by clients for being "incredibly calm and knowledgeable" in all aspects of employment law."
Chambers UK 2017
- "The ‘always accessible’ practice head Chris Goodwill is ‘streets ahead of the pack’"
Legal 500 UK 2016