Angela Shepherd specialises in all aspects of commercial property and affordable housing schemes.
- Acting for the Funders in connection with the restructuring of their loan documentation with Triathlon Homes LLP (as Borrower) relating to the acquisition and retro-fit of the 1379 affordable housing units at the former Athletes Village (now known as East Village) in Stratford
- Acting for the Bank and the Bond Trustee (separately) in their granting of consent to Poplar HARCA's solar scheme to be installed in the common parts of various blocks of residential flats
- Acting for the Banks (separately) in connection with (i) splitting up a syndicated loan and (ii) consolidating a separate bilateral facility with one syndicate member's commitments in the syndicate
- Acting for the funders in relation to the Oxenwood Real Estate joint venture acquisition of a portfolio of prime logistics properties in the UK
View all news and client work featuring Angela Shepherd
Career and qualifications
University of Exeter (LLB) 1982
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1985
- Joined Clifford Chance 1998
Awards and citations
- A leading individual in Legal 500 UK for Social Housing Finance in 2020
- "The associate that we predominantly use is Angela Shepherd. Angela is extremely knowledgeable and all work undertaken is completed to a very high standard. Angela is always more than happy to talk through a particular matter if there is any aspect of the transaction that I need help or guidance on."
Legal 500 UK 2020
- Angela Shepherd is ranked in Band 2 by Chambers & Partners UK 2019 for Social Housing: Finance – UK-Wide
- "Angela Shepherd, who is ‘unbelievably reliable’."
Legal 500 UK 2017
- "Angela Shepherd is a highly experienced lawyer specialising in the property / project aspects of housing association finance transactions (including LSVTs) as well as university finance and general commercial real estate transactions. Angela has advised clients on a number of recent solar panel projects."
Chambers & Partners UK 2017
- "Clients say that Angela Shepherd 'has excellent sector knowledge and technical expertise; she is very helpful and responsive.' Another client notes that she provides 'thoughtful, well-informed advice.' She typically handles the property aspects of high-value housing finance transactions, including LSVTs."
Chambers & Partners UK 2016
- "Angela Shepherd is praised for her property and charging expertise, with clients regarding her as 'unflappable, highly knowledgeable, and thoughtful in her advice.' She recently assisted Nationwide Building Society with the licensing for a solar panel scheme undertaken by its borrower, a registered provider"
Chambers & Partners UK 2015
- "Angela Shepherd advised Barclays Bank/European Investment Bank as funders of Triathlon Homes in relation to the former Athletes Village at the Olympic Park in London"
Legal 500 UK 2014
- "Angela Shepherd has worked extensively on the consolidation and amendment of multimillion-pound loan facilities for Barclays relating to social housing providers. 'She's prepared to do work for her client at any time of the day or night,' said one interviewee. 'She's so supportive, and willing to advise'."
Chambers & Partners UK 2014
- "Angela Shepherd is 'a very good lawyer who works diligently for her clients.' She has recently been advising Barclays Bank in relation to a photovoltaic panel scheme being run by Westcountry Housing Association"
Chambers & Partners UK 2013