Alain Dodds is an Associate in the Energy and Infrastructure team. He advises clients involved in the procurement, financing and delivery of major projects in the infrastructure, transportation and energy sectors.
- Advising the senior funders on the financing of rolling stock for Crossrail
- Advising the senior funders on the financing of rolling stock for the KeolisAmey Wales & Borders franchise
- Advising the sponsors (Innogy, Siemens, ESB, Macquarie and Sumitomo Corporation) and project company on the £1.4bn refinancing of the 352.8MW Galloper Offshore Wind Farm
- Advising lenders and sponsors on a number of social infrastructure PPP projects, including in relation to the tender, construction and operational phases, and restructuring situations.
- Advised certain Investec managed funds on the sale of a portfolio of aircraft to funds managed by Oaktree Capital Management, LP
- Advised the Rock Rail consortium in relation to the £1 billion purchase, leasing and debt financing of Bombardier rolling stock for the South Western Trains franchise
- Advised a variety of leasing companies and financial institutions on the leasing and financing of aircraft across multiple jurisdictions, throughout the life cycle of the transactions (including lessee default situations)
View all news and client work featuring Alain Dodds
Career and qualifications
University of Durham (LLB, Law) 2014
- Joined Clifford Chance 2015
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2017
Law Society of England and Wales