Tom Blanchet assists clients in the course of IP litigation proceedings, such as infringement proceedings, invalidity proceedings, "saisie-contrefaçon" and IP proceedings in various sectors: life sciences, cosmetics, electronics, mechanics, and telecommunication (FRAND issues).
Tom also advises clients in dispute resolution and in negotiating contracts.
- Assisting a biosimilar company (patentee) in cases concerning an infringement seizure proceedings followed by an action on the merits and a PI on a biosimilar formulation patent;
- Assisting a generic company in numerous invalidity patent litigations;
- Assisting a packager for cosmetic products (patentee) as a defendant of a nullity action in France against its competitor;
- Assisting a perfume manufacturer both in an infringement litigation in France and in opposition proceedings before the EPO;
- Assisting an electronic company in a patent infringement litigation in France based on three non-SEP patents in the user interface field;
- Assisting a leading automotive supplier in an infringement litigation in France against its competitor with patents covering automotive equipment;
- Assisting a supplier of devices in the context of cross border patent litigations (FRAND issues) against a patent troll which brought infringement proceedings in France.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Lyon III University (Masters degree Droit des affaires) 2013
- CEIPI Strasbourg (Masters degree Propriété Intellectuelle et Commerce) 2014
- Associate, August & Debouzy 2017
- Joined Clifford Chance 2019