Olivier Gaillard specialises in commercial contracts. He been involved in multi-jurisdictional commercial and economic law issues involving distribution, agency and manufacturing contracts, industrial and commercial joint ventures.
Olivier also been involved in consumer law advice, particularly in the pharmaceutical and health care industry.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Paris Faculty of Law (Business and Tax Law) 1984
- Paris Faculty of Law (postgraduate in Commercial Law) 1986
- Joined Clifford Chance Paris 1987
- Counsel since 2003
Awards and citations
- "Market access, pricing policies, competition, public procurements, intellectual property, compliance and corporate matters all fall within the expertise of Clifford Chance's cross-disciplinary offering. Reinforced by the arrival of antitrust expert David Tayar from Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP, the team recently advised on the breakup of a joint venture between two leading global pharmaceutical players for the distribution of over-the-counter products; Tayar is also representing Teva in an investigation by the European Commission regarding a patent settlement with Cephalon. Thomas Baudesson and senior associate Gaëlle Merlier teamed up to defend a major pharmaceutical company against a series of product liability claims, including criminal charges. On the corporate front, Laurent Schoenstein assisted Synlab Labco with its acquisition of Seldaix, while regulatory expert Olivier Gaillard continues to advise on new anti-gift and transparency regulations. Other key clients include Pfizer, GSK and Novo Nordisk."
Legal 500 EMEA, France, Industry Focus: Healthcare and Life Sciences, 2019
- "Clifford Chance is known for its ‘excellent service, fast and efficient responses, broad expertise in life sciences and detailed knowledge of the industry’. Counsel Marion Roquette-Pfister advised Pfizer on its market access strategy and price negotiations with the French authorities and also collaborated with the corporate team to advise Cinven on its acquisition of Labco from a consortium of investors. On the regulatory side, ‘very knowledgeable and always available’ counsel Olivier Gaillard advised Insmed on compliance issues regarding new transparency and anti-gift rules, and Thomas Baudesson handled a number of disputes arising from alleged defects in vaccines and other medicinal products as well as commercial litigation proceedings pertaining to the termination of distribution agreements. Litigation expert Marguerite Aynès was recently promoted to counsel."
Legal 500 EMEA, France, Industry Focus: Healthcare and Life Sciences, 2018
- "The practice is led by Thomas Baudesson, Olivier Gaillard and Jean-Pierre Grandjean. A team that can offer integrated solutions, with good clients in pharmaceuticals."
Chambers Europe, Pharma/Life Sciences, 2014