Eoghan MacDonagh maintains a broad practice, advising multi-national corporates on a range of international disputes, business and human rights, climate change and wider ESG issues.
Eoghan's disputes work focuses on international commercial arbitrations conducted under the LCIA, ICC and UNCITRAL rules across a variety of jurisdictions and industries including renewable energy, mining, commodities and oil & gas. He also has experience of advising on investment treaty disputes, public international law issues and Commercial Court litigation.
Eoghan has significant experience advising clients on Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) risk management with a particular focus on climate change litigation and risk, and energy transition opportunities.
Eoghan is currently seconded to the firm's Paris office from London. He maintains an active pro bono practice with a particular focus on environmental and climate change issues, and sports law. He also sits on the Steering Committee for the Campaign for Greener Arbitrations.
- Major turbine supplier in relation to claims for EOT and delay and disruption costs under a contract to supply equipment to a nuclear newbuild project in Europe
- Acting for a major steel producer against a global mining company. Dispute value estimated at USD 8 billion. (LCIA, London)
- International oil company in connection with claims of fraud and misrepresentation (ICC, London)
- Inmarsat on its acquisition by Triton Bidco for £2.6 billion
- Conducting and co-ordinating a global survey concerning the extent to which the right to a healthy environment is enshrined in the domestic laws of each UN Member State on behalf of Dr David Boyd, the UN Special Rapporteur for Human Rights and the Environment
News and client work
- Clifford Chance, Paris
- +33 1 4405 8268
- Email me
- Speaks English, French and Irish
- Practice area Litigation, dispute resolution & risk management
Career and qualifications
- Université Panthéon-Assas Paris II 2011
- Trinity College Dublin (LL.B) 2012
- Joined Clifford Chance 2014
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2016
- Registered as a European Lawyer with the Paris Bar (Barreau de Paris) 2016
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in Ireland 2019