Natalia López Condado leads the Regulatory Department of Asset Management and Private Banking.
She specialises in regulatory advice to the asset management industry (collective investment schemes- hedge funds, ETFs, real estate funds-; master-feeder structures incorporation of Mancos, AIFMD, UCITS, ELTIF).
She also specializes in regulatory advice to the private banking sector (MiFID II, CRD IV, AML, PRIIPs).
- Several financial entities in the re-allocation of their private banking business post Brexit
- JPMorgan Asset management on the set-up of international master-feeder funds structure
- Schroders on the incorporation of a branch of its Luxembourg management company and on several day-to-day issues such as: remuneration practices, experience and knowledge of employees, eligible assets, change of control, etc.
- UBS, Partners Group, Citi Private Bank, Permira, Primary Capital Limited on the legal regime applicable to the marketing of AIF to retail investors in Spain
- Crédit Agricole on the combination of its asset management and securities deposit and custody business with that of Banco Santander
- Several financial entities on the analysis of the transfer of seat of SICAVs from Spain to abroad
- Neuberger Berman on the incorporation of a Spanish branch of its Luxembourg management company
- Several Spanish banks on the selling of its custody business
- Aviva Investors, Polar Capital and MFS International on any regulatory issues affecting its day-to-day business in the distribution of its funds in Spain
- Several Spanish banks on the application of the product governance requirements under MiFID II in its distribution agreements
- JPMorgan Private Banking on the impact of the MiFID Directive on JPMorgan's business in Spain and on the day to day regulatory issues of its business in Spain
- Credit Suisse on several day-to-day issues such as: structured products, inheritance, pledges, bankruptcy proceedings, etc
- Goldman Sachs the implementation of MiFID II in Spain
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Uniersidad Autonoma de Madrid (Law) 1994
- Georgetown University (PhD) 1995
- Master in law (LLM) Law School- University of Chicago 1997
- Joined Clifford Chance 1998
- Member of the Madrid Bar Association