Jorge Martín specialises in domestic and cross-border M&A, joint ventures, private equity and corporate restructurings, acting for a broad range of clients.
- Corporación Financiera Alba on the acquisition from Hellman & Friedman LLC of a minority stake in Verisure for a consideration exceeding EUR 500 million.
- Iberdrola on the sale of its LNG portfolio to Temasek-owned Pavilion Energy.
- ACS on its co-investment with Atlantia for the acquisition, through a takeover bid, of Abertis for a consideration of EUR 18 bn.
- Corporación Financiera Alba, as co-investor together with funds managed by CVC, on the acquisition of a 20% stake in Gas Natural from Repsol, for a consideration of EUR 3.8 bn.
- KKR on the acquisition of a 40% stake in Spanish telecom infrastructure company Telxius from Telefónica for a EUR 1,275 million consideration
- White Summit Capital and Covalis Capital as deal arrangers on behalf of a consortium of investors (comprising J.P. Morgan Asset Management, the Abu Dhabi Investment Council, Swiss Life Asset Managers and Covalis Capital) regarding the acquisition of Spain's second-largest gas distributor, Naturgas Energía Distribución, S.A. from EDP - Energias de Portugal, S.A.
- Värde Partners on the acquisition of a relevant stake in La Finca Global Assets, a high-end rental office space company in the Madrid region
- Banco Santander, as shareholder of Metrovacesa, in the recapitalisation of the latter through a capital increase contribution of EUR 700 million debt and EUR 1 billion real estate assets
- Mondelez International (Kraft Foods) in its joint venture with D.E. Master Blenders 1753 B.V. creating Jacobs Douwe Egberts, the world’s leader in the coffee business
- Airbus on the sale of the Spanish aerospace supplier CESA to Héroux-Devtek Inc.
- Madrileña Red de Gas on the acquisition of nearly 42,000 Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG) supply points from Repsol
View all news and client work featuring Jorge Martín
Career and qualifications
Aarhus University – Law Faculty (Law) 2009
- Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE) (Law) 2009
- Admitted as an abogado in Madrid 2009
- Emory University – Goizueta Business School (Business Administration) 2010
- Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE) (Business Administration) 2010
- Joined Uría Menéndez Madrid 2010
- Joined Clifford Chance Madrid 2015
Member of the Madrid Bar Association
- Professor at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid–School of Law