Javier García de Enterría specialises in corporate matters and equity capital markets.
Javier has a broad experience in all types of M&A transactions, with a special focus on takeover bids, corporate restructurings, corporate governance, regulation of listed companies and ECM transactions, as IPOs or rights issues. A former Corporate and Commercial law professor, he has participated in different committees of experts appointed by the Spanish CNMV, in matters as the corporate regulation for the issuance of securities by listed companies or the activity of the proxy advisors in the Spanish market.
- ACS group on the sale of its photovoltaic power business in Spain to the Portuguese energy company Galp.
- Banco Santander on the re-acquisition of the "Ciudad Financiera Santander", including the acquisition and subsequent merger of Sorlinda, its former owner, in a transaction valued in EUR 3 billion.
- DIA and its Board of Directors on all matters related to the tender offer submitted by LetterOne for the acquisition of 100% of the shares of DIA.
- Ivanhoé Cambridge on an equity investment of EUR 60 million in Árima Real Estate SOCIMI.
- Vía Célere, an entity controlled by funds managed and/or advised by Värde Partners, to acquire the land bank business of Aelca, another residential developer and asset manager in Spain as Vía Célere.
- Actividades de Construcción y Servicios S.A. on its agreement with Hochtief AG and Atlantia S.p.A. for the joint acquisition of Abertis
- Advising JP Morgan as financial advisor and lender in the competing bid of Hochtief over Abertis
- Advising Telefónica in the issuance of bonds mandatorily exchangeable for Italia Telecom´s shares and of mandatory convertible bonds
- Advising Endesa in the sale of its Latinamerican business to Enel
- Advice to the TV listed company Antena 3 in its merger with La Sexta
- Advice to ACS Actividades de Construcción y Servicios in relation to the sale of its renewable assets
- Advise to Carrefour and DIA on the listing of DIA shares in the Spanish stock exchanges
- Advice to Endesa in the successive takeover bids launched by Gas Natural, E.ON and Enel/Acciona
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University Complutense Madrid (Law) 1984
- Admitted as an abogado in Madrid 1984
- University of Bologna, Italy (Doctorate in Law) 1987
- University of Harvard, USA (LLM) 1989
- Partner 2005
- Consultant since 2021
- Member of the Madrid Bar since 1984
Awards and citations
- Javier García de Enterría is held in high esteem for his M&A and corporate work, and he has led the team on many of its most high-profile deals. Sources say that "It is extremely helpful to discuss with him the really complex legal issues there might be at the outset".
Chambers Europe 2018