Cristina Armada is a senior lawyer in our Madrid office and member of the Spanish Global Financial Markets Practice.
Cristina has a strong experience in providing regulatory advice to the asset management industry and to the private banking sector.
Her expertise covers both domestic and cross-border deals, having developed her career in a local firm before joining Clifford Chance.
- Advising different entities on the set up of international master-feeder structures in Luxembourg and Spain.
- Advising several fund managers on licensing issues for the provision of financial services in Spain.
- Advising several entities on the impact of Brexit in their asset management business in Spain.
- Advising Schroder Investment Management (Europe) S.A. on the incorporation of a branch in Spain.
- Advising Neuberger Berman Asset Management Ireland Limited on the incorporation of a branch in Spain.
- Advising several entities on the implementation of MiFID II in Spain.
- Advising foreign management companies of UCITS and AIFMs on any regulatory issues affecting their day-to-day business in the distribution of their funds in Spain.
News and client work
- España se prepara para la implementación de la Directiva de distribución transfronteriza de fondos
- LA NUEVA OBLIGACIÓN DE REGISTRO DE ACTIVIDADES PUBLICITARIAS PARA LAS ENTIDADES FINANCIERAS
- LA CNMV PUBLICA UNA GUÍA PARA RECORDAR A LOS INVERSORES QUE TIENEN A SU DISPOSICIÓN UN PROCEDIMIENTO ELECTRÓNICO PARA PRESENTAR SUS RECLAMACIONES
- CONSULTA PÚBLICA SOBRE LA DISTRIBUCIÓN TRANSFRONTERIZA DE FONDOS
Career and qualifications
- Colegio Universitario de Estudios Financieros (CUNEF) – Law Degree 2010
- Colegio Universitario de Estudios Financieros (CUNEF) – Business Administration Degree 2009
- Associate, KPMG Abogados 2010
- Joined Clifford Chance 2013