Vladimír Rýlich specialises in finance and regulatory law, capital markets, and litigation.
Vladimír is highly regarded for his expertise in financial regulatory law, including the implementation of EC directives, structured products and bank licensing requirements, and has played a key role in a number of significant financial services sector M&A transactions in recent years. His practice also spans debt and equity capital markets, IPOs, and energy and emission trading, and increasingly dispute resolution and insolvency related litigation.
- Citibank on the sale of its retail banking and credit card businesses in the Czech Republic to Raiffeisenbank
- JP Morgan Securities Plc and the underwriters in relation to the contemplated large-scale IPO of EP Infrastructure, a.s. ("EPIF"), a leading energy infrastructure utility operating primarily in the Slovak and Czech Republics and owned by sole shareholder Energetický a průmyslový holding, a.s. ("EPH")
- Aviva plc on the sale of the company's regional life insurance and pensions business, including Aviva Czech Life, Aviva Hungary Life and Aviva Romania Life & Pensions, to MetLife
- A major European bank on its bid for ZUNO Bank, a regional on-line direct bank being sold by RBI.
- Equa bank a.s. on the purchase of a portfolio of 5,000 retail morgages
- Barclays Bank PLC, Česká spořitelna, a.s. and other Joint Lead Managers in connection with issue by the Czech Republic of €2,000,000,0000 in aggregate principal amount of 3.875 per cent notes due 2022 under an EMTN programme for the issuance of up to €10,000,000,000 in aggregate principal amount of notes
- local and international clients in disputes against the Road and Motorway Directorate of the Czech Republic (RMD)
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Charles University, Prague (Mgr.) 2001
- Joined Clifford Chance 2003
- Czech Bar Association (2007)