Pavel Boguský specialises in restructuring and insolvency and corporate finance.
Since joining the Restructuring and Insolvency team of Clifford Chance, he has participated in a number of significant and long-running insolvency cases, as well as in major multijurisdictional restructurings and several complicated insolvency-related litigations in front of the Czech Supreme Court and Czech Constitutional Court.
In addition, Pavel is also a member of the Banking and Finance team and as such has extensive experience in advising on both local and cross-border finance transactions.
Pavel is also member of TMA (Turnaround Management Association) and is active in the academic field. Most recently, he has contributed significantly to the brand-new commentary on the Czech Insolvency Act, focusing specially on the reorganization.
- Komerční banka, a.s. on the restructuring of the indebtedness of the ČKD group and insolvency against ČKD DIZ PRAHA, a.s.
- TEMPERATIOR s.r.o., a Czech producer of biodiesel, in relation to the insolvency of Czech petrochemical's company OLEO CHEMICAL, a.s. and its resolution in the form of a "pre-packed" reorganisation.
- Komerční banka, a.s. as a secured creditor within insolvency related litigation in the ELMA THERM case, with the goal to overrule the infamous Supreme Court Judgement relating to the accessority of security and the hardening periods under an already ineffective Czech bankruptcy code.
- Česká spořitelna, a.s. and Komerční banka, a.s. on the cross-border financing of Moravia IT, s.r.o., a provider of multilingual language services for the world's brand leaders in information technology.
- leading regional used car dealership AAA Auto International a.s. in connection with the refinancing of the acquisition of the company and agreeing the terms of operating loans for its entire group.
- J&T Banka, a.s. in connection with the financing of Bookzz Holding Limited for the purposes of (i) refinancing of shareholder loans, (ii) financing of purchase of bonds and (iii) payment of a dividend to the Borrower's shareholder Penta Investments Limited.
- APS Capital as borrower on financing of the acquisition of 60% of the shares in APS Holding SE by Anacap financing vehicle Alpha Finance Credit Solutions I SARL.
- Nordea Bank Danmark A/S, Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken AB and Swedbank AB on the Czech law aspects of the EUR 235 million acquisition and working capital financing of Naciron A/S in connection with the acquisition of Norican Holdings ApS.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Charles University, Prague (Master's degree in Law) 2013
- University of Groningen, Faculty of Law (LL.M.) 2014
- Joined Clifford Chance 2014
- Admitted as an advocate in the Czech Republic 2017
- Czech Bar Association (2017)
- Member of the Turnaround Management Association
Awards and citations
- Rising Star
IFLR1000 (2020): Restructuring & Insolvency in the Czech Republic