Yvonne Shek specialises in commercial litigation and international arbitration.
Yvonne acts for a range of leading institutional, corporate and private clients. Her experience extends across regulatory investigations, investment and joint venture disputes, financial fraud claims, shareholder disputes, and advising on jurisdictional and immunity issues.
- Representing a leading bank in Hong Kong court proceedings involving politically-connected foreign entities and allegations of fraudulent conduct and breaches of historical regulatory requirements.
- Acting for a real estate investment trust in proceedings concerning a complex rental fraud scheme relating to a premier commercial development in Beijing.
- Acting for the private equity arms of two international investment banks in relation to a multi-million dollar Chinese investment dispute and related HKIAC arbitration proceedings including an application under the emergency arbitrator procedures.
- Representing a major PRC telecommunications company in Hong Kong arbitration proceedings concerning a contractual dispute giving rise to a jurisdictional challenge in respect of parallel Brazilian court proceedings.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of New South Wales (LLB) 2007
- University of New South Wales (BCom) 2007
- University of Hong Kong (PCLL) 2009
- Joined Clifford Chance 2009
- Admitted as a solicitor in NSW, Australia 2010
- Admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong 2011