Rachel Cheng regularly advises client on day-to-day employment related issues such drafting and negotiations of employment contracts, review of employment handbooks and employees' benefits and bonus schemes, personal data privacy issues, immigration matters, discrimination claims, termination and entitlement disputes.
Rachel also advises on corporate transactions involving the sale of business and transfer or termination of employees in such situation.
- Advised a leading global bank on the issues in relation to termination and transfer of employees in a restructuring and business sale transaction concerning various bank entities and services.
- Advised an international financial group on the closing down of its business operations in Hong Kong and termination and relocation of its Hong Kong employees.
- Assisted an international insurance brokerage company in enforcing the restrictive covenants under various employment contracts and commenced claims against its former director and senior employee for breach of fiduciary duty and confidentiality at the High Court of Hong Kong.
- Advised a Japanese multi-national information technology equipment company on claims involving potential breaches of a distribution agreement and assisted in the investigation on various senior employees on potential wrongdoings.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Admitted as a Solicitor in Hong Kong 2010
- Associate, Pinsent Masons, Hong Kong 2012
- Joined Clifford Chance 2016
- The Hong Kong Law Society