Nicholas Turner specialises in financial crimes including economic sanctions and anti-money laundering advisory in the financial services sector.
Nicholas’ experience in North America and Asia includes trade finance, retail banking, and financial crimes compliance encompassing consent order remediation, advisory, risk assessments, and training.
- Sanctions and anti-money laundering risk assessments and consent-order remediation for a major U.S. financial institution
- Investigations, testing, and remediation of know-your-customer, sanctions screening, and related internal compliance controls for a major U.S. financial institution in North America and Asia
- Assessment and provision of advice regarding wire transfers, corporate and consumer accounts, investment banking, and other matters in line with sanctions and anti-money laundering regulations in North America and Asia
- Sanctions and anti-money laundering training
Clifford Chance advises on landmark HK$9.5 billion telecommunications acquisition
10 November 2016
OFAC Puts Asian Companies on Notice with 'Compliance Framework'
14 May 2019
A Framework for OFAC Compliance Commitments
3 May 2019
Stormy Waters: OFAC Settlement Flags Shipping Firm's 'Culture of Compliance'
3 May 2019
OFAC Dings Company for Delinquent Rosneft Payments in First Enforcement Action Under Directive 2, Executive Order 13662
26 April 2019
Deep Dive: OFAC Cites PE Sub in Offshore Services Settlement
15 April 2019
Career and qualifications
- Compliance Associate/Officer, U.S. Financial Institution 2012
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 2015
- Joined Clifford Chance 2016
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS)