Anthony Fay is a Foreign Legal Consultant of the Corporate Securities & Financial Markets practice in Clifford Chance’s Hong Kong office, and a member of the Global Tax, Pensions, Employment & Incentives practice.
Tony has extensive experience advising clients on Asia inbound and outbound tax issues including structuring of offshore holding company structures, tax-efficient profit repatriation strategies, utilisation of double tax treaties, and tax and regulatory compliance.
- Advising on the tax efficient structuring of Asia inbound and outbound M&A transactions.
- Negotiating tax clauses in M&A and other agreements.
- Advising a pan-Asian insurance company on the tax aspects of its public listing in Hong Kong, including pre-IPO restructuring.
- Advising on the tax aspects of Asia outbound investments, including application of Controlled Foreign Corporation rules.
- Managing and advising on strategies for the resolution of tax controversy cases in Asia and the US.
- Advising on compliance with FATCA and financial account disclosure rules under the OECD Common Reporting Standard.
- Tax planning for executive compensation programs.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of California, Los Angeles (BA, Business Economics) 1994
- UCLA School of Law (JD) 1997
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in California 1997
- White & Case 2001
- Head of Tax – Asia Pacific at AIG/AIA 2007
- Joined Clifford Chance 2015