Patrick Jackson's principal expertise is in capital markets, liability management and restructuring transactions, and U.S. regulatory matters particularly those involving large Brazilian banks and industrial companies.
- Acted for the underwriters (Bank of America Merrill Lynch, BTG Pactual and Goldman Sachs) in the US$864 million IPO by Brazilian healthcare services provider Hapvida
- Advised Klabin, the largest paper producer in Brazil, on its issuance of US$500 million green bonds
- Advising Samarco Mineração in connection with financial consequences from an environmental incident suffered in late 2015 and potential restructuring of its approximately US$4 billion in outstanding export prepayment loans and notes
- Advised on the global FCPA risk assessment for a major Brazilian construction conglomerate implicated in Lava Jato corruption investigations, consisting of reviews and analysis of operations in over 29 countries
- Advised the underwriters in connection with the BRL1.73 billion follow-on equity offering for BR Malls
- Advised Banco do Brasil S.A. on all debt issuances since 2009, including issuances of perpetual non-cumulative junior subordinated notes and senior notes and denominated in various currencies including CHF, Yen and U.S. dollars
- Advised the placement agents in connection with the US$421 million IPO of Alupar Investimentos
- Advised BB Seguridade on its US$5.7 billion IPO, the largest in Latin America since 2009
- Advised the bookrunners on Banco do Brasil’s recent US$1 billion issuance of 4.625% notes due 2025.
View all news and client work featuring Patrick Jackson
Career and qualifications
Harvard University (A.B.) 1998
- Georgetown University Law Center (JD) 2005
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 2007