Anja Pfleger Andrade is a counsel in the São Paulo office of Clifford Chance. She has particular experience in capital markets, liability management, derivatives and structured finance transactions in Latin America and Europe.
The clients she advises include the principal Brazilian financial institutions as well as a major state-owned energy company and a major state-owned water and waste company.
- Advising Eletrobras in relation to its SEC reporting requirements and its on-going listing on the NYSE
- Advising Bradesco on its annual Form 20-F filing and SEC reporting requirements, on its own account debt issuances and financings, including its issuance of US$1.1 billion 5.75% Subordinated Notes due 2022, as well as on the listing of its ADRs on the NYSE
- Advising the underwriters on issuances under Itau Unibanco's US$100 billion MTN programme, including the issuance of US$1.05 billion 2.850% senior notes due 2018
- Acting for the bookrunners on the issuance by Banco Votorantim of US$300 million perpetual Basel III-compliant Tier 1 bonds
- Advising the initial purchasers on the issuance by Suzano Austria of US$300 million 7.000% Senior Notes due 2047, guaranteed by Suzano Papel e Celulose S.A., the first 30 year bond issuance in their sector
- Advising Banco Safra on its issuance of CHF100 million 1.50% notes due 2019 pursuant to the Issuer's US$5 billion Global Medium Term Note Programme
- Acting as English counsel to Argentinian infrastructure development and management company CLISA in relation to its USD200 million issuance of 9.5% high yield bonds due 2023, the simultaneous tender offer of 11.5% bonds due 2019 and the exercise of its call option on its 9.5% bonds due 2016, as well as consent solicitations, an exchange offer and tender offers for notes issued under various liability management exercises, including CLISA's US$300 million Euro Note Issuance Program
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- The London School of Economics and Political Science (LL.B) 2000
- Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales 2005
- Joined Clifford Chance 2008
- Counsel since 2016
Awards and citations
Anja has been recognised by Chambers and Partners Latin America as an Associate to Watch, by IFLR1000 as a Notable Practitioner, and by Latin Business Chronicle as one of Latin America’s 25 Rising Stars in Legal
Anja Pfleger Andrade has been ranked as Associates to watch in Chambers Latin America - Capital Markets: International (Brazil). Associate-to-watch Anja Pfleger Andrade is based in São Paulo and draws the attention of market commentators for her support in capital markets operations. She has experience working with a number of big-name clients in this sphere and is described by sources as "terrific."
Chambers Latin America 2017 - Capital Markets: International