Wim Aerts is a counsel in the banking, finance and capital markets practice.
Wim is experienced in all types of bank lending and debt financing transactions. His practice has particular focus on debt capital markets (including structured finance and equity-linked transactions), where Wim has acted for both issuers and managers on a broad range of public and private transactions.
- Advised funds managed by EQT on the financing of the acquisition of Desotec.
- Advised the underwriters on Solvay’s placement of a perpetual hybrid bond for an aggregate nominal amount of €300 million.
- Advised the EIB on the financing of the Liège Tram project
Clifford Chance Advises Mitsui & Co. on investment in Belchim Crop Protection
13 December 2019
Clifford Chance Brussels advises RSCA and its shareholders on the sale of the Anderlecht football club to Alychlo
29 December 2017
Clifford Chance conseille Credit Suisse, Morgan Stanley, BNP Paribas et d'autres banques dans le cadre de l'augmentation de capital et l'émission d'obligations par le groupe Solvay d'un montant total de 6,8 milliards de dollars pour financer l'acquisition de Cytec
11 January 2016
Career and qualifications
- Ghent University, 2006
- Joined Clifford Chance, 2006
- Admitted to the Brussels Bar as advocaat, 2009
- Counsel since 2015
Awards and citations
- "Wim is extremely intelligent and has a very clear view on all the different matters our company deals with and on the different views of all related stakeholders. He is a key player, both in brainstorming sessions and in putting the final conclusions in black and white on paper."
IFLR1000 2018, Banking & Capital Markets