Pieter de Bock is a specialist in public and administrative law, including environmental, planning and regulatory law. He has been a member of the Brussels bar since 1999.
Pieter advises clients from a broad range of industries on various transactions and projects, including PPPs. He also undertakes litigation before both civil and public law courts.
- Advised the Belgian State in the various proceedings against the ARCO and DEXIA state guarantees before the Belgian Council of State and Constitutional Court and before the European Court of Justice.
- Advised the Belgian State on the establishment of an insurance and guarantee scheme for nuclear liability of operators and transporters.
- Advised on the public law aspects of major Belgian PPP projects relating to roads and public infrastructure projects.
- Advised AIMCo on the acquisition of 100% of the shares in the company which owns the Docks Bruxsel shopping centre.
Clifford Chance a conseillé Covivio dans le cadre de l'acquisition d'une participation de 32% dans un portefeuille de 32 hôtels Accor en France et en Belgique
10 July 2019
Clifford Chance advises AEW Europe, in partnership with CIC, on the acquisition and the financing of the "Celsius" portfolio
16 July 2015
Clifford Chance conseille AEW Europe, en partenariat avec China Investment Corporation, sur l'acquisition et le financement du portefeuille "Celsius"
16 July 2015
Global Environment Newsletter - Spring 2019 edition
30 May 2019
New Flemish Asbestos Decree
16 April 2019
Global Environment Newsletter - Summer 2018 edition
9 July 2018
Global Environment Newsletter - Winter 2017/18 edition
19 December 2017
Global Environment Newsletter - Winter 2016/17 edition
8 December 2016
Career and qualifications
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel 1999
- Admitted as an avocat in Brussels 1999
- Joined Clifford Chance as counsel 2009
- GAP (Genootschap Advocaten Publiekrecht)
- VVOR (Vlaamse Vereniging voor Omgevingsrecht)
Awards and citations
- "Counsel Pieter De Bock is the key contact in Clifford Chance's 'responsive' team, which has 'deep knowledge and experience'."
Legal 500, 2014, Belgium - Environment