Pieter de Bock is a specialist in public and administrative law, including environmental, planning and regulatory law. He has been a member of the Brussels bar since 1999.
Pieter advises clients from a broad range of industries on various transactions and projects, including PPPs. He also undertakes litigation before both civil and public law courts.
- Advised the Belgian State in the various proceedings against the ARCO and DEXIA state guarantees before the Belgian Council of State and Constitutional Court and before the European Court of Justice.
- Advised the Belgian State on the establishment of an insurance and guarantee scheme for nuclear liability of operators and transporters.
- Advised on the public law aspects of major Belgian PPP projects relating to roads and public infrastructure projects.
- Advised AIMCo on the acquisition of 100% of the shares in the company which owns the Docks Bruxsel shopping centre.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel 1999
- Admitted as an avocat in Brussels 1999
- Joined Clifford Chance as counsel 2009
- GAP (Genootschap Advocaten Publiekrecht)
- VVOR (Vlaamse Vereniging voor Omgevingsrecht)
Awards and citations
- "Counsel Pieter De Bock is the key contact in Clifford Chance's 'responsive' team, which has 'deep knowledge and experience'."
Legal 500, 2014, Belgium - Environment