Gert Cuppens practices all aspects of human resources law, with a particular focus on restructurings, collective downsizings and outsourcing transactions.
In addition, Gert is specialised in the hiring and firing of senior executives, industrial relations, employee fraud, pensions, employee benefits, HR policies and the various aspects of international employment. His practice also includes representation of his clients in court.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Joined Clifford Chance 2007
- Counsel since 2013
Awards and citations
- 'Cuppens draws praise for his "committed, efficient" attitude and his "profound knowledge".'
Chambers Europe 2018, Employment
- "He is excellent; responsive and accurate."
Chambers Europe 2016, Employment
- "Clifford Chance gets full marks for its absolutely wonderful service in employment law. Practice head Gert Cuppens is recommended."
Legal 500 2015, Employment
- "He is recommended for his technical knowledge and common sense."
Legal 500 2013, Employment
- "The team stands out for its broad experience, international coverage and no-boundary approach. It understands international businesses and knows the right response to strategic questions. The lawyers aren't looking for a short-term quick win but can think from a client's perspective to give the best advice. Gert Cuppens is the key client contact."
Chambers 2012, Employment