Ashwin van Rooijen is a counsel in the Brussels antitrust practice, advising household name clients such as Samsung and Oracle on competition matters, with a focus on technology markets and intellectual property.
Ashwin previously worked as a software engineer and leverages his tech background to advise his clients on the particular challenges they face.
Clifford Chance advises FairSearch on its second successful European Commission antitrust investigation
18 July 2018
Clifford Chance advises Fairsearch on the European Commission case leading to the record €2.4BN EU fine imposed on Google over search engine manipulation practices
29 June 2017
EC competition law requests for information after the CJEU's Cement judgments
5 July 2016
European Union chapter of the Merger Control Review
15 December 2011
Addressing Standards Creation: Divergence or Convergence Across the Atlantic?
11 August 2011
Career and qualifications
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (LLM) 2005
- University of California Berkeley (LLM in IP and Antitrust) 2007
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (PhD in Software Interoperability, Copyright and Competition Law) 2009
- Joined Clifford Chance 2009
- Counsel since 2017
Awards and citations
- Behavioural Matter of the Year: FairSearch complaint against Google Android
Global Competition Review (GCR) Awards 2019