Jonathan Halliwell advises private equity houses, infrastructure investors and other financial sponsors and corporates on a wide range of matters, including leveraged buyouts, acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, restructurings, secondaries transactions and equity arrangements.
Jonathan has extensive experience advising funds’ portfolio companies on general corporate matters including bolt-on acquisitions, exits and ongoing incentive arrangements.
Jonathan advises both domestic and international clients and also has experience advising on emerging market transactions.
Jonathan is a member of the Corporate team and the private equity sector group.
- GIP on the acquisition of Equis Energy's renewable assets in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, the Philippines, Thailand and Taiwan.
- Global financial sponsor on its co-investment with AION Capital in an Indian BPO business.
- Cinven on the acquisition of JLA, a leading critical asset supply and services business for laundry, catering and heating in the UK.
- Livingbridge and management on the sale of Portman Healthcare (Holdings) Limited, a leading provider of dental treatments to Core Equity Holdings.
- Aberdeen Private Equity Fund Limited on the disposal of 45 LP positions, totalling $350m, to Coller Capital.
- Blackstone on its acquisition of Clarion Events, one of the leading independent events organisers, from Providence Equity Partners.
- Cinven and CeramTec on the takeover of business unit UK Electro-Ceramics from Morgan Advanced Materials.
- Cinven, Permira and Mid Europa on the acquisition of Allegro Group.
- CVC on the acquisition of AR Packaging, one of Europe's leading packaging businesses.
- RWE on its sale of 75% of the Galloper Wind Farm Project to Green Investment Bank, Macquarie and Siemens.
- Cinven on its €1.3 billion acquisition of Labco and there €1.7 billion acquisition of Synlab.
- Warburg Pincus on its sale of Survitec Group to Onex Corporation.
- CVC Capital Partners with respect to the CVC Credit Partners joint venture.
- Actis on its acquisition of a 40% stake in the Medis Group, a pharmaceuticals manufacturer and marketer based in Tunisia and Algeria.
- 8 Miles on its acquisition of a minority interest in Orient Bank Limited, a Ugandan bank.
Clifford Chance advises global fashion giant on AU$268 million takeover in Australia
25 February 2019
Clifford Chance advises Cinven and CeramTec on the takeover of UK Electro-Ceramics
23 February 2017
Clifford Chance advises Cinven, Permira and Mid Europa on their acquisition of Allegro
14 October 2016
Career and qualifications
- The University of Sydney (Bachelor of Commerce) 2006
- The University of Sydney (Bachelor of Laws) 2008
- Associate, Jones Day Sydney 2010
- Admitted as a solicitor in NSW, Australia 2010
- Joined Clifford Chance 2014
- NSW Law Society
- Western Australian Law Society