Alexandra Payne specialises in contentious financial services litigation and regulatory disputes.
Alexandra’s experience spans a range of contentious and advisory matters including investigations, regulatory enforcement, corporate governance and risk management.
Alexandra is dual qualified in England & Wales and Australia.
- an independent non-executive director of an ASX-100 company in relation to alleged breaches of directors' duties
- a global investment bank in relation to regulatory and data privacy issues arising from a breach of contract
- the Association of German Banks in relation to regulatory, insurance and insolvency issues arising from the collapse of the Greensill Group
- EY in Queensland Supreme Court proceedings commenced by the Court appointed receiver of the LM First Mortgage Investment Fund, which was operated by LM Investment Management Ltd prior to its collapse in 2013
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Wollongong (LLB Hons 1) 2012
- Admitted as a solicitor in New South Wales, Australia (2013)
- Admitted as a solicitor in the High Court of Australia (2013)
- Senior Associate, Herbert Smith Freehills (2013)
- Admitted as a solicitor of England & Wales (2020)
- Joined Clifford Chance as a Senior Associate (2020)