Jason Gouveia is a projects and construction lawyer and has experience acting as sponsor/borrower counsel in large-scale infrastructure investment deals with a specific focus on renewable energy transactions. He has also advised on various other construction and engineering related matters, with additional experience in advising on contentious construction matters involving port construction, multi-product pipelines and fuel storage tank farms.
Jason has experience in advising across both standard form and bespoke EPC and O&M contracts in the infrastructure investment space.
- Acting as sponsor counsel in drafting and negotiating EPC and O&M agreements for a 50MW solar farm in Jordan
- Advising a sponsor consortium in respect of a residential housing and industrial development compound in Saudi Arabia, including the drafting of EPC and Facility Management term sheets and fully termed agreements
- Advising the facility agent on EPC-related issues on a Turkish PPP hospital complex
- Acting as sponsor counsel on the negotiation and drafting of EPC and LTSA contracts, including advising on security packages, for a gas-turbine power station
- Advising on and drafting of a full suite of construction (DBO and BO), management consulting and early works template contracts for various regional clients
- Review of and advising on a construction agreement for an affordable housing complex in Ghana
Clifford Chance advising on US$114 billion bank merger between Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank and Union National Bank
3 February 2019
Career and qualifications
- University of Pretoria, South Africa, (Bachelor of Commerce in Law) 2011
- University of Pretoria, South Africa, (LLB) 2013
- University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, (LLM) 2015
- Admitted as an Attorney in South Africa 2017
- Joined Clifford Chance LLP (Abu Dhabi) 2018