Peter Cuthbert is Counsel in the Energy, Projects and Infrastructure group.
Peter advises lenders, export credit agencies, international financial institutions and sponsors on major project development and finance transactions in the energy and infrastructure sectors. He has experience in projects across Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
- Advising the lenders and export credit agencies (including EIB, EBRD, COFACE, SACE and Euler Hermes) on the financing of the €6.2bn Trans Adriatic Pipeline. PFI European Oil & Gas Deal of the Year 2018
- Advising Société Générale and K-sure on the financing for the Istanbul Metropolitan Authority of 68 metro cars for the Haciosman–Yenikpai metro line in Istanbul, Turkey
- Advising SACE and international and Turkish banks on the financing for a USD1.7 billion project to construct two steel plant complexes in Turkey sponsored by Russian steel company MMK and the Turkish Atakaş group
- Advising the Lenders on the financing of Phase I of DP World’s £1.6 billion London Gateway port project. Infrastructure Journal Global Deal of the Year 2011
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Sydney (Bachelor of Science in Molecular Biology) 2000
- University of Cambridge (PhD in molecular neuroscience) 2005
- Joined Clifford Chance London 2007
- Admitted as a Solicitor in England & Wales 2009
- Clifford Chance Abu Dhabi 2009
- Clifford Chance London 2011
- Clifford Chance Paris 2013
- Counsel since 2016
Awards and citations
- Peter Cuthbert is ranked as "Rising Star"
Legal 500 2020, Project Finance - France